Prepare time: 10 min Cook Time: 5 min Ready in: 15min
The chicken pickle is a tested special one that our family relishes with dosas, rotis and rice
- 1 kg chicken with bones cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 one/2 tbsps ginger garlic paste
- 1 one/2 tbsps red chili pepper pwd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1 one/2 – a pair of tbsps salt (adjust)
- 4 tbsps oil
Methods For andhra chicken pickle
- Dry roast all the spices on an individual basis over low heat and funky. Once cool, mix all the dry cooked ingredients and grind to a fine pwd.
- Heat four tbsps oil in a vessel, add chicken, ginger garlic paste, red chili pwd and salt and cook on high heat for five mts. cut back heat to medium high and still cook until the oil separates and there's hardly any water content.
- Heat three/4 cup oil in vessel, add methi seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillis, crushed garlic and stay for a moment. Add the poached chicken items beside any left over gravy and oil. mix well. Add the bottom spice pwd and mix well and cook on medium to high for 15-18 mts, stirring in between.