Javvarisi bonda/Sabudana bonda with a firm external layer and delicate inside is a delightful lunchtime recipe made with extra idli/dosa hitter. Indeed you heard it right, this bonda can be made with freshly prepared idli/dosa batter or with that last batter which yields hard idlies and rubbery dosa. Sabudana bonda/Saggubiyam bonda is ready with just a small bunch of fixings without including a lot of work to the batter is as of now prepared. So let's get to the making!
- Idli/ dosa batter - 1 ½ cup
- Javvarisi/ sabudhana/ tapioca pearls - 2 tbsp
- Onion - ¼ cup (chopped finely)
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped finely)
- Curry leaves
- Salt as required
- Take 1 cup sabudana and wash well with water. Drain off the water and add 1 cup buttermilk.
- Now, add ¾ tsp salt, 2 bean stew and blend well. Cover and rest for 8 hours or until sabudana turn delicate.
- Following 8 hours, the sabudana will retain all the buttermilk and turns non-tacky.
- Presently add 1/2cup batter or ¾ cup rice flour, 2 tbsp curry leaves and 1 tsp cumin.
- press and blend well ensuring everything is very much joined.
- Further, add 2 tbsp water and blend well, adding water whenever required, add soaked sabhudana in it and mix well aand rest it for 15 mins.
- Take a pan and heat the oil for frying.
- After oil heated then take small portions fry them, mix at times and fry on medium fire until the bonda becomes brilliant brown and fresh.
- At long last, take out them from oil to plate and serve the sabudana bonda with nut chutney.