Chekkalu is andhra style snacks made utilizing rice flour. It is crunchy, firm and scrumptious bites made during celebrations/events. It is amazing evening snacks for everyone. Since we utilize instant rice flour, it is so straightforward and simple to make in home.
- Rice Flour - 1 Cup
- Curry Leaves
- Salt as required
- Chana Dal - 2 or 3 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp (Optional)
- Red chili powder - 1 tbsp
- Before Starting the recipe first soak the Chana dal for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, Take bowl and add, rice flour, red chili powder, curry leaves, soaked Chana dal, salt as per requirement, ginger garlic paste is optional if you you can add 1 tbsp and water, mix all together and convert into smooth dough like below image.
- Take the dough into small portions and do the dough as small balls like below image
- Take one by one and flatten those balls with the hand into circle shape.
- On the other hand, take a skillet and pour oil into it for deep fry.
- Take one by one and fry those in batches of 7 to 8.
- Fry them until it changes into golden color.
- After that take it out from the oil.
- Wait for some time to cool down.
- That's it, serve them as snacks.
- Store them in an airtight container.