This Coconut Rice, made in the South Indian style, is appetizing and flavorful. If you lived in South India, may make for your family on a busy day and serve up with a pickle. It is additionally special food, as in it is normally gets packed into lunchboxes for picnics and trips.
- Coconut milk
- Mustard seeds
- Urad Dal
- Curry Leaves
- Chana Dal
- Red Chillis Or Pepper
- In a skillet, add the washed rice and the coconut milk alongside 1 cup water and salt to taste.
- At the point when the liquid starts to bubble, cover the pan with a tight-fitting top, lower warmth to low, and allow the rice to cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat the oil and add the chana dal, half of the urad dal, and the red chili peppers. Roast until golden and then powder in a spice grinder or with a mortar or mixy and pestle.
- In a similar little skillet, heat the leftover oil and add the mustard seeds. At the point when they falter, add the excess urad dal, cashews, and curry leaves. Saute until the dal and cashews turn into light golden colour. Add the shredded coconut and keep on the mix until the coconut starts to simply turn exceptionally light gold.
- Add this and the powdered dals to the rice and blend delicately with a fork, taking into consideration not to pound the rice. Add salt if necessary and serve.