Prepare time: 5 hrs 10 mins Cook Time: 20 min Ready in:5 hrs 10 mins
Dibba rotti is made of urad dal and rice, it is Andhra dish which is served as breakfast. We can eat this with any chutney or pickle like mango pickle (avakaay), coconut chutney, ginger pickle etc.
- 1/2 cup Urad dal(మినప పప్పు)
- 1 1/4 cup Rice Rava(బియ్యం రవ్వ)
- Salt needed(ఉ ప్పు )
- Wash and soak urad dal and rice ravva separately for 6 hours.
- Grind urad dal as smooth batter by adding little amount of water.
- Later squeeze out the water from rice rava.
- Take smooth batter from step 2 and rice rava which we squeezed out and mix them.
- Put it aside for 4 to 5 hours for ferment. After fermentation you can store in refrigerator.
- Take some batter and salt as needed( if you want to add ginger, green chilies and onions, you can add it is optional as per your taste).
- Turn on the stove, take a kadai and pour 3 to 4 spoons of oil wait for 4 or 5 seconds and add a cup of batter in it.
- Put the stove in low flame, put a plate on kadai to cover that.
- Cook for 10 minutes and flip it after the rice cake become goldish colour.
- Once done take it out from kadai and cut it into wedges and serve with any chutney.
- That's it Dibba Rotti is ready.