Garelu are cooked to crispy perfection till a beautiful golden shade is achieved and always serve them warm. Its the crisp exterior that makes the garelu unique and delightful to savor with hot sambar.
- 1 container entire minappappu /urad dal/cleaned entire dark gram dal/మినపపప్పు
- 10-12 dark pepper corns, daintily squashed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, daintily squashed /జీలకర్ర
- salt to taste /ఉ ప్పు
- oil for profound searing
- Soak entire dark gram dal (మినపపప్పు) in water for 1/2 to 2 hours.
2. Strain the water, and granulate the dal to a glue sprinkling next to no water. Utilize little bits of dal to granulate bunch savvy as its less demanding to crush into a delicate glue. Include salt, squashed cumin seeds and pepper corns and beat till fleecy.
3. Heat oil for profound singing in an overwhelming bottomed vessel and warmth till steaming. Lessen fire to medium.
4. Wet your hands with water, take a lemon-sized chunk of player and smooth it into a garelu on a lubed sheet or banana leaf. Make a gap in the focal point of the garelu with the goal that it cooks uniformly everywhere.
5. Slowly drop the garelu into the hot oil and broil it on the two sides on medium fire to a brilliant dark colored shading. Profound broil 4-5 garelu per bunch contingent upon the span of the vessel.
6. Remove the garelu onto a serving plate. Serve warm while the covering is as yet fresh and serve warm with chutney and sambar.
On the off chance that urad dal or entire cleaned dark gram dal is drenched for more than 8 hours, the garelu retain less oil and are more delectable than the garelu arranged from dal which is splashed for just 2 hours