Gongura has a characteristic tartness. Gongura is a plant developed for its eatable leaves in India. It comes in 2 assortments green stemmed leaf and red-stemmed leaf. The red-stemmed leaves are more acrider than the green ones. Roan leaf is known as Gongura in Telugu, pulicha keerai in Tamil, and Pitwaa in Hindi. We need to adjust the salt and flavors with the tartness from the gongura in this dal for it to be truly heavenly; if not you will wind up with a very tart Pappu. We can make numerous brilliant plans with Gongura (Sorrel) leaves. One such yummy formula is this Gongura Pappu. Pappu is a necessary piece of the Lunch Menu in Andhra Cuisine. We can even say that an Andhra supper is deficient without a dal dish cooked with some veggie.
- Gongura leaves Roughly Chopped
- Toor dal - 1/4 cup
- Turmeric Powder
- Salt As Needed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Red Chili
- 4 Green Chili Slit Vertically
- Few Curry leaves
- Pluck the leaves from the Gongura Bunch and wash them thoroughly.
- Generally slash the Gongura Leaves and put it away. The Gongura leaves has harshness in it and thus we need to utilize just 2 cups or less. On the off chance that we add more leaves, we need to increment different flavors in like manner.
- Now, take Toor dal in a vessel and add turmeric powder and water and strain cook for 4 whistles.
- When the dal is cooked, pound the cooked dal and put it away.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and permit them to falter.
- Then, at that point, add curry leaves, red bean stew, green bean stew, and saute briefly.
- Whenever we are finished with treating, add the cut onions and saute the onions till clear.
- Add Chopped Gongura leaves and saute briefly.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cook the leaves for around 5-7 mins in medium to low fire.
- Then, at that point, when the leaves are delicate and the water is ingested, add the squashed dal and give a decent blend.
- Add salt and give the last blend. Cook in low fire for 5 additional mins and afterward switch off the flame.
- Serve it with rice and ghee, it tastes delicious.