Bitter Gourd is also known as Kakarakay or karela. Kakarakay fry is very simple, easy & as well as healthy recipe.
Prepare time: 15 min Cook Time: 25 min Ready in: 40 min
- Bitter gourd -కాకరకాయ- 2
- Onion-ఉల్లిపాయ- 2
- Turmeric powder-పసుపు
- Mustard seeds-ఆవాలు
- Salt-ఉ ప్పు
- Rasam powder
- Take bitter gourd and chop into round pieces.
- Add salt in bitter guard pieces stir it and leave it for 15 to 20 mins.
- Now chop the onions into small pieces.
- Take a skillet and place it on a stove, heat it for 1 or 2 mins, add 2 tbsp oil, 1tbsp mustard seeds, 1 tbsp jeera. Leave it for 2 mins and add chopped onions in it.
- Stir it until onions become light brown colour. It will take 10-12 mins, stir in between.
- Now take the chopped karela and add some water it and squeeze them from the water
- Add the squeezed pieces into skillet.
- Cover it with a lid and leave it low flame.
- Stir it until it become light brown colour. It will take 12-15 mins, stir in between.
- Now add rasam powder and salt(as needed) in it.
- Stir and Saute for 5 mins in low flame and turn off the stove.
- Serve it with rice, dal-rice and also sambar rice.