Prepare time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Ready in: 30min
Lemon Rice is a simple rice arrangement which has an astonishing taste as it is spiced up with curry leaves, turmeric, entire red chillies and mustard seeds. New Lemon juice makes it somewhat tart which additionally improves its taste and gives it a particular flavor.
Lemon rice is a conventional South Indian formula and is very prevalent. It is extremely tasty and can be made rapidly. You can make this formula with crisp or extra rice. It utilizes insignificant flavors in seasoning and is a no onion no garlic formula.
Lemon rice can be best appreciated with a plate of mixed greens and papadum (spiced thin and fresh lentil flour wafer). You can likewise appreciate this dish with regular vegetables dishes, curd, raita or chutney.
Ingredients for Lemon Rice Recipe
- 1 Cup Raw Rice / బియ్యం (or 3 Cups Cooked Rice)
- 2 Tablespoon Peanuts / వేరుశెనగ
- 10-15 Curry Leaves / కరివేపాకు
- 2 Green Chillies / పచ్చి మిరపకాయలు
- 1 Teaspoon Black Mustard Seeds/ ఆవాలు
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera) / జీలకర్ర
- 1/2 Teaspoon Urad Dal / మినప్పప్పు
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chana Dal / చనా పప్పు
- 2-3 Whole Dried Red Chillies / ఎండుమిర్చి
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi) / పసుపు
- 1/8 Teaspoon Asafoetida (Heeng) / ఇంగువ
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt / ఉ ప్పు
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice / నిమ్మరసం
- 2 Tablespoons Oil / నూనె
- Wash rice with water. Cook the rice till you get 2 or 3 whistles. Take that cooked rice and side for air and add some oil in it.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add some mustard seeds, heeng, cumin seeds, urad dal and sauté till the dal turns golden.
- Add curry leaves, chillies, turmeric powder and peanuts and continue to sauté. Add some salt and rice. Add lemon juice and mix well.
Let the rice sit for 5 minutes. Lemon Rice is prepared. You can serve it as is or with any Raita or Papad.