Moong Dal Payasam or Moong Dal Kheer additionally called Pesara Pappu Payasam in South India is a thick, velvety sweet dish made utilizing Moong lentils, milk, and dry natural products. It resembles a North Indian kheer made utilizing the lentil. Here are the means by which to make it.
- Moong dal - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Sliced coconut
- Jaggery or sugar - 1 cup
- Take a skillet. Add the moong dal. Fry the dal for 2-3 minutes, or until it becomes brownish and marginally nutty smell. Remove the lentils and cool them under cold water.
- Take a skillet and add ghee to the pot. When it softens, add the cashews and coconut pieces. stir it until brilliant. remove it and put it away.
- Now take the lentils back into the pot alongside 1 ¼ cups water.
- Cover with a plate, close the strain valve and cook for 12 minutes at high flame. You can cook it in the pressure cooker as well
- Crush the lentils with a scoop, then, at that point, press the sauté button, add the jaggery and cardamom and blend well. Pour the milk and mix well. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until it thickens a little.
- Serve warm or cold garnish with cashews and coconut pieces.
- That's it delicious and yummy moong dal payasam is ready.