An exceptionally unique dal with few ingredients is Nimmakaya Pappu. Cooked with either tur dal or yellow moong dal, it's a champ of a recipe. The lemon loans a tart taste to the naturalness of the dal and the zest of green chillis balance out the flavors.
- Toor dal – 1/2 Cup
- Lemon Juice – 6 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Rai, Mustard Seeds, Avalu -1/2 tsp
- Jeera, Cumin Seeds, Jeelakarra – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chillies – 4
- Curry Leaves
- Wash the toor dal well and add 1 cup water and the turmeric powder.
- Pressure cook till mashable.
- Let the tension cooker cool and afterward take out the dal.
- Utilizing a weighty scoop, crush well and add salt. Blend well.
- Add lemon squeeze and blend well.
- In a scoop, heat the ghee.
- Add mustard seeds and stand by till they pop.
- Add cumin seeds, red chillies, and curry leaves.
- Pan sear for a couple of moments.
- Add the treating to the Nimmakaya Pappu, and blend well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and ghee.