Onion pakoda are essentially onion pieces made with gram flour (besan). You can even make these with chickpea flour. Onion Pakoda are a famous Indian road food too. In the same way as other Indian plans, onion pakoda is made contrastingly in different pieces of India. It is one bite that is not difficult to plan and tastes great as well.
- Sliced onions - 2 full
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Red Chili Powder - 2 tbsp
- Ginger (mashed) - 1 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Besan/ Gram Flour -1/2 cup
- Rice Flour(optional) - ¼ Cup
- Baking Soda(optional)
- Oil, for deep frying
- Take a bowl, add onion, turmeric powder, red stew powder, ginger, green stew, baking soda 1 pinch(optional) and blend well.
- Now add salt, besan, rice flour, water and make a thick batter.
- Take a Kadai and pour oil in it and boil it for deep fry.
- Divide into portions and fry the pakodas in oil till goldish or light brown color and fresh.
- Remove it from oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney.