Prepare time: 5 min Cook Time: 15 min Ready in: 20 min
Palli Podi Recipe – A simple, delightful, solid and flexible Andhra style nut podi for idli, dosa or rice.
Palli Podi or Verusenaga Podi or Peanut is a very basic Andhra podi formula for idli, dosa or steamed rice. I have arranged this podi with garlic. On the off chance that you don't care for garlic, you may skip it. This can be made in mass and store in an impermeable compartment for over a month.
- Peanuts - 2 cups
- Salt as required
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 6-8 cloves
- Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
- Hing - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry red chilies - 10-12
- Take a skillet or pan,roast the peanuts until they became slight brown colour.
- Take peanuts out from warmth and let them cool,Keep them aside.
- Roast sesame seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds until marginally fragrant and seared.
- Take them out and keep to the side.
- Warmth oil in same container and fry the dry red chilies and garlic.
- Add every ingredients in a blender and mix to make a somewhat coarse powder.
- Store the powder in an impenetrable compartment for as long as 2 months in cooler.
- Serve alongside Ghee Rice or sprinkle on top of vegetables.