Prepare time: 10 min Cook Time: 5 min Ready in: 15 min
These are deep fried fritters that are tasty. Andhra punugulu are often made with idli dosa butter and it is a popular street food in the coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh
- 1 cup pesalu, green moong dal (soaked in water for 5 6 hrs)
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 4 green chillis (adjust according to your spice level)
- 1" ginger
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
Methods For pesara punukulu
- Grind the chillis, ginger and salt to a paste. there's no got to add water whereas grinding. take away onto a dish and add the cut onions, coriander leaves, cumin seeds and blend well.
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel. Once its piping hot, cut back flame to medium and drop a bit mixture (about a tbsp) and fry the fritters to a golden brown color. Deep fry a batch of 8-10 punukulu getting on the dimensions of the vessel.
- Serve on the plate with chutney or pickle