Punukulu is famous street food in both Andhra and Telangana which is made with idli batter or dosa batter.
- Idli Batter or dosa batter.
- Baking soda - 1 Pinch
- Water -1/4 cup
- Chopped onion
- Green chilies -2 or 3
- Cumin seeds- 1tbsp
- Take 1 cup of idli or dosa batter in a separate bowl.
- Add chopped onions, cumin seeds, green chilies, and coriander(optional) to the batter and mix well.
- If consistency is thick add some water or yogurt and blend well. We recommend yogurt for good taste.
- Then add salt as per requirement and keep the prepared batter aside for 30 to 40 mins.
- After 30 to 40 mins place a pan and heat the oil for deep fry, when oil is sufficiently hot, reduce to medium flame.
- Now take a small amount of batter into hand and the small amount of batter into oil like the below picture.
- Fry them till golden brown and take them out of pan to plate.
- Serve them with coconut or peanut or onion chutney.