Sambar powder is a sweet-smelling combination of lentils and entire flavors. These added substances are dry simmered and afterward ground to set up a powder, which gives any dish an unmistakable flavor that makes it interesting from other lentil plans. You can add an uncommon fixing called Sambar Podi to your sambar masala powder. The Sambar Podi is a flavor powder that can add miracles to your Sambar powder and render a spirited smell with a lively taste.
- Cumin seeds/ jeera
- Methi Seeds
- Red dry chilies
- Fenugreek seeds
- Black Pepper
- Coriander seeds
- Curry leaves
- Toor dal
- Chana dal
- Take the toor dal and chana dal in a substantial lined dish. Spot on high warmth, and when the dish warms up turn down the fire to medium. Dry dish the toor dal and chana dal till they start to become brown. Mix irregularly, so the broiling is even.
- Include the dry red chilies, coriander seeds, and dark peppercorns. Keep on drying cook on low-medium fire, mixing irregularly till the chilies get fresh and the toor dal and chana dal turn a decent brown. This should require around 2 minutes.
- Presently, include the fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds. Dry meal the fixings on low-medium fire for about brief more.
- Move every one of the broiled fixings to a plate right away. make them to cool off completely.
- At the point when the simmered ingredients have totally cooled off, move to a blender container. Include the asafoetida and turmeric powder. Pound everything together to a fine powder, halting at stretches to stir up the fixings utilizing a spoon. Your Sambar Podi is prepared.
- Store it at room temperature.