Channa Sundal, a solid, low fat, and low oil South Indian style protein-rich food is by and large filled in as prasadam after puja during celebrations like Navratri and Janmashtami. In this bubbled chickpeas are pan-seared with flavors and afterward blended in with ground new coconut and crude bubbled chickpeas make it better as it holds all flavors.
- White Chickpeas ( Soaked) - 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin Seeds
- Dried red chilies - 2
- Curry leaves
- Urad dal
- Lemon Juice
- Grated coconut
- First Soak the white chickpeas for 6 to 7 hours
- Then, drain the water from the soaked chickpeas
- Now take a pressure cooker and add soaked chickpeas and add 1 cup of water and required salt in it and close the pressure cooker and put it in medium flame wait for 3 to 5 whistles. Then, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- At present, take a pan and pour 2 tbsp of oil and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, dried red chilies, 1 pinch hing, and curry leaves. Wait for and sauté until it turns light brown and splitter.
- So now add chickpeas in it and add salt if required cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add lemon juice, and grated coconut in as per your taste.
- Mix it well and serve it.