Tindora Fry, Dondakaya fry, Kovakkai Fry, or Ivy Gourd Fry is a solid choice to make as a side for an Indian-style feast. Pair it with Dal Rice or Chapati for a good supper.
- Tindora or dondakaya or Ivy gourd-400 gms
- Turmeric Powder
- chili powder
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Take Ivy gourd wash them and chop them into small pieces, after chopping keep them aside.
- Take a skillet or pan switch on the flame, pour 3 or 4 tbsp of oil and heat for 5 min in low flame .
- Add 1 tbsp of mustard seeds & 1 tbsp of cumin seeds, curry leaves in it and wait to splatter.
- After add chopped tindora pieces and add 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder and salt as per requirement.
- Mix well and cover it with a plate to cook.
- In middle mix them simultaneously until they became soft.
- After that add graded coconut and mix well.
- Wait for sometime until it smells goods and add 1 tbsp of chili powder in it, mix it well.
- Turn off the flame after 5 to 10 mins of adding chili powder.
- That's it tindora fry is ready.
- Serve with rice, chapati or side dish for rasam or sambar.