Prepare time: 10 min Cook Time: 30 min Ready in: 40 min
Tindora Fry also known as Dondakaya Vepudu is a delicious Indian Curry made with by stir frying thinly sliced Tindora tempered with seasonings.
- 250 gm Tindora దొండకాయ
- 1 Teaspoon Jeera / Cumin Seeds / జీలకర్ర
- 3-4 Dried Red Chilli / ఎండుమిర్చి
- 6-7 Curry Leaves / కరివేపాకు
- 1-2 Green Chillies / పచ్చి మిరపకాయలు , finely chopped
- 1 Pinch Hing / Asafoetida / ఇంగువ
- 1/2 Teaspoon Haldi / Turmeric Powder / పసుపు
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder / కారం
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala / గరం మసాలా
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dhaniya Coriander Powder /ధనియాల పొడి
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt / ఉ ప్పు
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice / నిమ్మరసం
- 1 Tablespoon Oil / నూనె
- Wash, flush and clean the Tindoras.
- Cut them into thin pieces the long way.
- Warmth oil in a dish and include 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds. Broil the cumin seeds till they begin to splutter. Include 3-4 Dried Red Chillies, 5-6 Curry Leaves, 1-2 finely slashed Green Chillies and a spot of Heeng and sear.
- Add the daintily cut Tindoras to the skillet.
- Include Haldi, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala, Coriander Powder, Salt and Lemon Juice.
- Fry the vegetables on a high-medium fire for 3-4 minutes. At that point cover with a top and cook on low fire, mixing every so often for 15-20 minutes till cooked.
Tindora Fry is prepared. Serve it hot with any principle course feast of roti or rice.