Tomato onion curry is a tomato-based Indian curry amazing to be utilized with Indian flatbreads or rice. This tomato-onion curry for chapati and rice or onion tomato-based sauce is really simple to make and it is delightful and solid too. South India and this is a basic and famous curry from Kerala which is appreciated with chapati, poori.
- Onions - 1
- Tomatoes - 2
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Green chilies -2
- Red chili powder -1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tbsp
- Salt as required
- Garam masala powder - 1tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Take a skillet and pour 3 tbsp of oil in it and heat the oil.
- Fry the red chile peppers, cumin seeds, and mustard seeds in the hot oil until the seeds start to splutter, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the asafoetida powder(optional) over the seeds and add the curry leaves.
- Mix the onions, green chile peppers, and turmeric powder into the blend.
- Cook and mix until the onions are relaxed, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, red stew powder, sugar, and salt.
- Kkeep cooking until the tomatoes are thick. Empty the water into the blend.
- Remain it until the curry starts to thicken, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Now turn off the flame and garnish with corriander leaves.
- Serve it with rice or chapati or poori.