Prepare time: 10 min Cook Time: 15 min Ready in: 25min
Tomato Pappu is most prominent dal formula in South India fundamentally in Andhra area and telangana district. This pappu is said to be Andhra pappu as well. Lets see how to preapare this recipe.
- Curry leaves - 12 numbers.
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoons.
- Garlic (crushed)flakes - 8 numbers.
- Green chillies (opening into half and seeded) - 4 numbers.
- Onions (finely slashed) - 90 grams.
- Toor daal - 1 glass.
- Mustard seeds - 3/4 teaspoons.
- Salt - to taste.
- Red bean stew powder - 1 teaspoons.
- Whole red chillies - 4 numbers.
- Tomatoes (slashed) - 500 grams.
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoons.
- Pour toor dal in a cooker or large bowl and wash until the water runs clear and add 1 cup of to dal
- Add tomatos and green chillies little turmeric in it or you can add turmeric after cooking also.
- If you are using pressure cook pour some water in cooker place a plate in cooker and keep the dal bowl in it and cover the bowl with plate & close the cooker.
- Cook for 3 whistles in a medium flame. If you are cooking directly 2 whistles are enough.
- If you are using separate bowl to cook dal add some more water.
- When the pressure settle down ,remove the lid, add some salt and smash the dal as smooth.
- And now take a pan heat the oil add some cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped garlic, red chilles, curry leaves. Fry till leaves turn crispy.
- After that pour the smashed dal in it. Mix well after 5 mins turn off the stove.
- Tasty tomato pappu is ready serve tomato pappu with ghee, rice and avakay