Biryani is nothing but mixed rice with favorable spices and cooked vegetables. Biryani is additionally spelled as Biriyani and is famous in India as well as in South Asia also.
Prepare time: 15 mins Cook Time: 40 mins Ready in:55 mins
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds-జీలకర్ర
- 2 tbsp oil-నూనె
- 1 tbsp garlic-ginger paste-అల్లం వెల్లుల్లి పేస్ట్
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp coriander powder-ధనియాల పొడి
- 2 tbsp salt -ఉప్పు
- 1/2 tbsp chilly powder -మిరప పొడి
- 1 tbsp green chilies- పచ్చిమిర్చి
- 1 tbsp lemon juice- నిమ్మరసం
- 1/4 cup onions-ఉల్లిపాయలు
- 1 cup rice-బియ్యం
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves-కొత్తిమీర
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala-గరం మసాలా
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder-పసుపు
- Take a skillet or small cooker, heat it for 1 or 2 mins add 2 tbsp oil and add cumin seeds.
- Saute and add the onions, garlic-ginger paste in it and remain it untill the colour changes into brown.
- Add chopped vegetables and mix it over low flame till half done.
- Add yogurt, 1/2 cup water and stir well
- Covered for around 5 minutes and blend in the lemon juice and add coriander.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables. remove the lid and check the gravy.
- Now add rice and add some water as per your requirement.
- Leave it for 20 to 25 min in low flame with a covered lid.
- Remove the lid, stir it once and check if the rice is cooked or not, if it cooked the turn off the stove and garnish with coriander leaves and serve it